Faculty Meeting: 2/10
Our 2/10 faculty meeting has two agenda items:
- Adapting and Modifying assessments. Some faculty members have expressed an interest in learning more about or sharing techniques for adapting and modifying tests and quizzes.
- Feedback and Ideas for Track Day. Track Day is our only whole school event, and the PE teachers, Dr. Miller, and I think your feedback is important in what ways might we better make use of this tradition.
- We have three faculty interested in serving on the district iDEA (PD) Committee. This means we will need to vote as only one may join. Our interested faculty members are: Dawn Meyer, Mark Daniels, and Patrick Dempsey.
I'll send a link for gathering feedback for Track Day and for voting for the iDEA committee rep after the faculty meeting.
Professional Development Day: 2/14
So far this day looks like this:
- 8:30: ALICE and Intruder Drill Training Re-Fresh with Ofc. Davis (presentation-based, not experiential)
- 10:00-11:30: Department Time
- 11:30-12:30: Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30-1:30: Personal Plan Time
- 1:30-2:30: Team Time
- 2:30-3:30: Brief Review of the Desired Effects of DQs 2-5
Links to Other Important Posts
- 7th Grade Parent Orientation (2/11 beginning at 6:30pm)
- February's Thinking Strategy: Monitoring Comprehension
- WGSD Foundation and Alumni Grants
This week, I will be out of the building on Tuesday to attend to some business for the trust of a recently deceased friend and a doctor's appointment. I will begin Thursday with a meeting off campus, but should arrive at Hixson before the end of first hour.