We will practice a modified lockdown and intruder drill second semester.
All-Call Code: 3892
To make an all-call, pick up the receiver, dial 3892, and begin speaking.
Please consider the best places to place this code. By the phone might not be, given that students often use classroom pones. It will be good to place this in your sub binder as well. We can also add it to the faculty list of numbers we share annually.
During a modified lockdown drill, you check to make sure the hallway around your class is empty and that your door is locked. You should continue teaching or working as you were. Do not let anyone in until the lockdown is over and do not let anyone out without permission or an escort. Here is the procedure:
- A modified lockdown is announced.
- Check the hallway to make sure it is clear (if it's not, bring the students into your classroom).
- Check to make sure your door is locked.
- Check your e-mail for further information.
- Continue teaching or working as you were.
- An announcement will be made when the lockdown is either over or if another alert is necessary.
Below is a version of the ALICE video we watcher last year. Please make sure to have reviewed the Intruder/Active Shoot Drill Discussion points by clicking here.
Here is a middle school version of an ALICE training video.
More information will follow as we prepare for these drills.