November 11, 2018
I’m the daughter of an Army veteran who served in the mid-70’s and was able to immigrate into the United States through his service. As the daughter of first generation immigrants, our story of immigration was based on many layers but ultimately circled back to one main factor-freedom. It is because of the service of others that my family and many others have had the opportunity to create another layer to each family narrative. I remember many conversations with my father about why my parents made the decision to leave behind family, careers and familiarity to start over in a country where their education was invalid and everything around them foreign. Though the process of assimilation is not easy, what draws most immigrants to our country is opportunity and freedom. Regardless of politics, I’m indebted to our service men and women who serve and have served our country. There is a tremendous sacrifice, seen and unseen, to their service and it is not forgotten. Thank you.
Faculty Meeting Monday (11/12)
For the faculty meeting on Monday, November 12th, the Fine Arts and Practical Arts departments will be providing professional development. Instead of a traditional sit-and-get PD, we have divided the staff into groups of 9-10 and assigned you to a specific subject area/classroom in order to provide a glimpse of some of the activities that we do. At the end of the meeting we have allowed time to regroup and share your experiences with others in your department. Because we have tried to make sure every group has all departments represented, please be sure to go to the subject area/classroom you’ve been assigned. Below you will find the schedule/timeline – please report promptly to your assigned area at 3:30.
- 3:30 – report to your assigned subject area/classroom
- 3:30-4:10 – activity in your assigned area/classroom
- 4:15 – report to the cafeteria and find your seat by looking at the name tags on the tables
- 4:15-4:30 – share your experiences with others at your table (department)
Please click here to see your assigned subject area/classroom.
IObservation Feedback NEEDED
The Performance Based Teacher Evaluation (PBTE) Committee is working diligently to determine best next steps related to iObservation. We have heard from many of you a number of wonderings and issues related to iObservation. Here are some points we are considering:
1. There are some major changes that have been made with iObservation and Marzano’s work related to teacher evaluation. Overall, they have condensed and modified the targeted elements. Your PBTE rep has the information to share with you.
2. In addition, as you may know, the district is working to identify the Profile of a Graduate. This profile will spring board the work related to the district’s strategic planning. The PBTE Committee has discussed having our evaluation tool be in line with the strategic plan for the district.
In considering the two points above, we would like direction on our work as a committee. Please consider taking the 4 question survey.
Your PBTE Committee.
Dr. Simpson Email
Dr. Simpson sent out an all-district email with information about the Martin Luther King Contest. Please share this with your students and parents (in communication blogs/emails). I’ve attached the flyer as well.
OUTS This Week
Tuesday-Grace, Aimee and Mike out for District CLT training
Thursday-Grace, Mike and Aimee out for DLT, 8-12
Have a wonderful week!