Annual Budget Meeting: 2/3
Dr. Roberts will be meeting with department chairs and other interested faculty on Monday, February 3rd, in Sherri Evans' room to discuss next year's budget.
Faculty Meeting: 2/10
Our 2/10 faculty meeting has two agenda items:
- Adapting and Modifying assessments. Some faculty members have expressed an interest in learning more about or sharing techniques for adapting and modifying tests and quizzes.
- Feedback and Ideas for Track Day. Track Day is our only whole school event, and the PE teachers, Dr. Miller, and I think your feedback is important in what ways might we better make use of this tradition.
Professional Development Day: 2/14
So far this day looks like this:
- 8:30: ALICE and Intruder Drill Training Re-Fresh with Ofc. Davis (presentation-based, not experiential)
- 10:00-11:30: Department Time
- 11:30-12:30: Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30-1:30: Personal Plan Time
- 1:30-2:30: Team Time
- 2:30-3:30: Brief Review of the Desired Effects of DQs 2-5
If you have any feedback on this draft, please e-mail me by clicking here.
Cell Phones and Other Devices
Cell phones and other devices should only be out, on, and/or in use with adult permission and supervision. Please remind students before they leave class to put their devices completely away. Please remind students in the halls to have their devices stowed as well. Jason Heisel will make an announcement to remind students as well. It was about this time last year that students needed a similar reminder.
Click here to view some student-led conference resources that Dynamic team shared with me. These resources are well-structured and will support the student-led conference well, I believe. I can gather other team resources in a similar folder in the faculty handbook on Drive.
iDEA Faculty Representative
The district professional development committee is now the iDEA committee. Randy Rachal has served on this committee for several years and will be cycling off. Melissa Hellwig is currently serves on this committee, and Hixson needs on more rep. Click here to e-mail me your interest.
Links to Other Important Posts
- 7th Grade Parent Orientation
- February's Thinking Strategy: Monitoring Comprehension
- WGSD Foundation and Alumni Grants