Monday's Faculty Meeting
Board members Steve Loher and Amy Clendennen will spend the first 30 minute with us. In an effort to move through some of the Marzano information, I will give a brief presentation on design question 7 from The Art and Science of Teaching. We will meet in the auditorium.
Friday's PD Day
More information will be forthcoming, but in the meantime, here is a rough sketch of the day:
- 8:30: Faculty Meeting, more information on format and meeting space to come
- 9am-noon: Department time (please just let me know how are going to use this time)
- 12-12:45: Lunch on your own
- 1pm: Brief faculty meeting in the cafeteria
- 1:30-3:30pm: Mindfulness Workshop
Modified Lockdown Drill
As uncomfortable as they can be, lockdown drills are a necessity. I received a great deal of good feedback on our modified lockdown drill this week. I will work on revising the (very difficult to find) faculty handbook to include more current information about this (and other information).
This Week's Network Posts
I shared several posts this week on the Network. Here there are as a list in case you didn't get to them:
- Click here to read about our new copiers
- Click here to review lockdown information and to see the ALICE video
- Click here for copying instructions
- Click here for printing instructions
I will be sending the link for online spring conference scheduling to parents Monday morning.
It looks like the PTO will be providing some food for conferences. In addition, Sarah Bodi has arranged for two food trucks to be on campus both nights. This is will hopefully be a productive fundraiser as we are set to receive a portion of each sale. You will have an opportunity to pre-order from both trucks (one is for cupcakes and the other is for grilled cheese and soup). The PTO will be donating food on our behalf; however, food from the food truck will need to be purchased.
Have a great week.