Essential Information- SLO Update: Reminder that all content learning goals are NOT created equal. In our SLO process some content lends itself to broader goals, some more narrow. There really is no "right" and "wrong" when it comes to your Learning Content, as long as you are sure that if students demonstrate mastery of the learning targets in the Learning Content, then that will prove they understand the overarching Learning Goal in the SLO. Please let us know if you have any questions from last Monday's PLC.
- New due date: i-Observation Professional Growth Plans are due Monday, October 19th. I see I need to approve them by 11-2, so this will give me plenty of time. We will all have one common goal "Tracking Student Progress" for our SLO work. Let me know if you have any questions Please reference this link for the training video Growth Plan Video
- Team Meetings: I need to reschedule the following teams please! Quest, Can you please do Thursday 10-8 at 9:30? DLT is conflicting with our monthly. Thanks. Synergy and Synthesis, can you please do Friday 10-9 at 10:30 Syng and 2:30 synth for this month only? Innovation, can we please meet Friday 10-9 at 9:30 just for this month only? These teams, please let me know what will work for you and I will get your team meetings back on the calendar. I appreciate your understanding, I have SJ training all day Friday. Thanks!
- PBIS Committee is open for new members! Please send an email to Aimee Vogt if you are interested in joining our 15-16 PBIS team. Meeting dates and times will be generated from team feedback.
- Our first department chair meeting is today- Monday, 9/28. Here is the link where you can contribute ideas to the agenda:
Good to Know
- PAWSitive office referrals are making an impact on students :)! Thank you for taking a moment to fill out this quick form on the Blog for students caught being Ready, Respectful, and Responsible. Parents have even commented on how exciting it was to see a positive letter sent to them about their middle school child. Remember to write up a student you see doing the right thing!
- TRIVIA NIGHT is this Saturday- please join us to support bringing the Rachel's Challenge Assembly back to Hixson!!