Essential InformationToday was a very busy but great day! What a nice weekend of warmer weather before the winter cold blast hit! This week's Monday Memo is the "evening reading" edition. I needed to finalize some things from the learning design team with the schedule prototype in order to push the prototype schedule and the team's information out to all staff for feedback by wednesday of this week.
- Meet me Wednesday at 8:00 am or 3:30 pm in the auditorium for the conclusion of the learning design team's work and to learn about the prototype schedule for 15-16 the team is putting forward to staff for feedback. Please try to make one of the meetings if possible. Thank you for working with me as I catch up from being in the hospital, we are getting back on track!
Please find the attached survey (link above) to provide me important feedback. I would truly value your input and want to thank you for taking the time to complete the short survey! The link will remain open through Friday, December 18th. Thank you : )
- Enrollment Meeting Update: Last Thursday I met with Dr. Riss and Linda Holliday regarding enrollment and staffing needs for 16-17. 15-16 enrollment is at 667 and we have 14 sections of each grade level currently for a total of 28 sections. Our 2016-2017 projected enrollment (without considering any new students to the district) is 718: 380 7th graders and 338 8th graders. I have asked for the consideration of 16 sections of 7th grade and 14 sections of 8th grade (our norm). Dr. Riss is deciding between allowing us 15 sections of 7th grade vs 16 sections of 7th grade. Dr. Riss will let me know for sure by March. My plan at this time is to schedule for the anticipated 16 sections (a full team for Harmony) and address the 15 sections should that be her decision. 16 sections would keep our teams even and our class sizes a little lower. I will keep you posted as we learn more. Thank you! Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Thank you for promptly completing and turning in your SLOs. SLOs are being reviewed and my goal is that they will be signed and returned to you by the end of this week.
- Note: I will be out for my final series of tests ordered by my cardiologist on Thursday this week
- Friday is another popcorn reward for all students this term receiving a PAWSitive office referral. Don't forget to nominate a student!
Good to Know
- Conferences: 16-17 update. Our conferences are being changed on the district calendar to reflect 8 hours of extra work time for the 8 hour comp day. The Tuesday will be 4-8, Wednesday 1-3:30, and Thursday 4-8, Friday comp. We will be collecting data on how many families we can physically schedule to "see" during these times and look to continue discussion in the future to make conferences most effective.
- Sounds of Hixson 6:30 Wednesday in auditorium