Hixson Open House 2014:
HMS Open House will be on Wednesday, August 27th from 6:30-8:15pm
During our middle school open house, parents will have the opportunity to "live" a sample version of your child's daily schedule. Student schedules will be disseminated for open house through the following methods:
- Parent portal access to SIS. Parents are able to view and print student schedules via the portal in the SIS system
- Email- the HMS office will use a system within our SIS system to email parents their child's schedule to the email address(es) you have on file with the office
- If you do not have your child's schedule from the email or the parent portal, back up copies of schedules will be available at the main entrance of the school at 6:00 pm before open house begins at 6:30. We anticipate most parents having the schedule ahead of time, so back up schedule lines should not be too long.
HMS Open House Schedule:
6:00- lines begin for back up schedules
6:26- Use your child's schedule to navigate your way to his/her 1st hour class
6:30-6:45- 1st hour- you will hear a message from our Superintendent, Dr. Riss and Dr. Smith. The
remainder of the 10 minutes will be used for learning all about your child's first hour class.
6:49-6:59- 2nd hour
7:03-7:13- 3rd hour
7:17-7:27- 4th hour
7:31-7:41- 5th hour
7:45- 7:55- 6th hour
7:59- 8:09- 7th hour
Special Open House Notes:
- If your child's schedule has PE/Discovery listed, please report to PE and not Discovery. Your child's team teachers will be able to give you a brief overview of Discovery time.
- If your child has GEMS listed on his/her schedule, please report to GEMS in the cafeteria, before Open House begins. Stephanie Gavin will talk about 7th grade curriculum from 6:00-6:15 and 8th grade curriculum from 6:15 until 6:25.
- IF your child is in GFA, please make sure to visit with Mrs. Riggle