I am looking forward to seeing all of you on Opening Day!
Opening Day RemindersOur first three days are always busy, and I know that many of you are ready to get into your classrooms to prepare for students on August 13th. So, in addition to the calendar on the Network, I wanted to share a few reminders to help you plan for your time:
- The district opening ceremony will be at Roberts Gym at the High School. The program's official beginning is 8:30am. Carpool and arrive early to secure better parking.
- We will have lunch as an entire Hixson community in the cafeteria at beginning at 11am. I will take some time to introduce new faces, our LMT will share a few things, and Drs. Miller and Roberts will need to share some information, briefly, as well.
- This year, I will give an opening address to the faculty in the auditorium immediately after lunch. This should take around 20 minutes. I am hoping that everyone is able to get to their classrooms for the afternoon no later than 12:30pm.
- The building is is open from 7am to 5pm this week.
Our PTO will provide breakfast snacks in the faculty lounge Thursday morning. Take some time to fortify yourself before students visit!
Friday's Professional Development
Click here for the schedule for Friday's professional development.
If you have not taken an opportunity to read the following, please do so:
- Beginning the Year: 2013-2014
- State of Technology
- From WGSD Human Resources: AST / PBTE / iObservation
If there is anything missing or any other information you need, please let me know.