Last Monday's Faculty Meeting
If you are interested in the PowerPoints from Monday's faculty meeting, you can click here for my presentation on design question 5 (How will I engage my studnets?) and you can click here for the presentations by our SLPs.
Thinking Strategy for November: Inferencing
Inferring is the process of creating a personal meaning from text. It involves a mental process of combining what is read with relevant background knowledge. The reader's uniquite interpretation of text is the product of this blending. Click here for more information about inferencing. Please consider how you can support student inferencing in your content area as well as during reading in Discovery.
November 6, 2012 PD
Following is the schedule for our 11/6 PD time:
- 8:30am-11:30am: District-Provided, 7-12 Common Core State Standards training (HS Cafeteria)
- 11:30am-12:30pm: Lunch (on your own)
- 12:30pm-1:30pm: Individual work time and/or department time
- 1:45pm-3:15pm: Faculty Options (see below)
Faculty Options for 11/6
During the afternoon of 11/6, all faculty will participate in a discussion of one of the following designed to create time for collaboration, problem-solving, and strategizing:
- Using a wgcloud blog to imcrease communication with parents,
- The Art and Science of Teaching, and
- Some other topics (click here to send me suggestions).
More information on room and facilitator to come.