Essential Information- Team Meetings begin this week. Please check the blog calendar (to the right) to ensure your date and time is displaying correctly. For those teams choosing to meet the first week of the month, I have you scheduled for next week- please let me know if this is a problem for you.
- Team token distribution
- SSD- Autism Study
- Bullying reporting procedures
- Field trip: procedures and consistent offerings for students
- Fall conferences: schedule and conference procedures
- MAP data
- Professional goals 15-16
- Open Agenda
- Please remember to view this year's required staff training power point presentation. It is pinned to the top of the Hixson Google Community for you to view.
- LaNita Harrison will be at Hixson in the lounge Tuesday, August 25th from 8-10:30am and 2-4 pm to assist us with insurance open enrollment
- FIRE DRILL Wednesday, August 26th at 9:30 am
- CONGRATULATIONS to two of our own! We are so proud of you!!!
Mrs. Hildreth has been awarded the prestigious 2015 Excellence in Education Award and will be honored at the Salute to Excellence in Education Gala Friday, Sept. 25 at America's Center
Mr. Dempsey was awarded a $1,000.00 Dannette Ward Education Grant grant from Monsanto
Good to Know
- Friday the 28th Fish dinners will be for sale, please contact Nurse Neumann
- PTO meetings will have a "speaker series" this year for parents for relevant topics to middle school children. The first meeting is Friday, a coffee with me and the agenda will be an overview of our goals at Hixson for this year. Below is a tentative schedule of dates and topics- speakers are still being selected. Thanks!
- Friday August 21st Parent principal coffee: Dr. Smith discusses HMS goals for the school year
- September 16th, 6:30-7:30 pm - Internet Safety
- November 20th Parent Coffee 8:45 am Navigating the Teen Years -
- December 11th 11:30 Parent principal lunch - Keeping Your Teens off Drugs
- February 19th 8:45 am The Adolescent Brain
- April 15th 8:45 am - Understanding Anxiety and Depression in Teens
- May 4th 6pm PTO planning committee and - Resiliency