Monday's Faculty Meeting
We will meet in the cafeteria immediately after school on Monday for a faculty meeting. I will be responding to some of the conversations I had last year regarding social justice. My goal is to do the following:
- Begin answering the question posed in our School Improvement plan: "How can we create a more just and equitable school?",
- Provide another way of creating a vision for justice and equity, and
- Connect both of the above with the strategies that mention "low expectancy students" in iObservation.
This is a tall order, and I will do my best to ground this in the work of your classrooms and your teaching practice. I will do my best not to make this just an intellectual exercise, although, honestly, a piece of it will be. My hope is that with some thinking and planning you can transfer this to the work of teaching and learning.
Some Other Notes
- If you haven't taken an opportunity to review the faculty feedback on the SIP, you may click here to review this information.
- If you are interested interested in a graphed trend line of MAP map results from 2008 to 2013, you may click here. This might be more helpful than just the numbers I shared on 8/30.
- Some parents have asked if all teachers are implementing the Grading and Retake/Redo practices because their students seem to be unaware of it. Please make sure you share these retake/redo opportunities with your students. Click here to read what I published on the blog regarding this practices; click here to see what I shared with parents.
I will be out of the building Monday afternoon to attend CPI re-certification training.