Modified Lockdown Drill
During a modified lockdown drill, you check to make sure the hallway around your class is empty and that your door is locked. You should continue teaching or working as you were. Do not let anyone in until the lockdown is over and do not let anyone out without permission or an escort. Here is the procedure:
- A modified lockdown is announced.
- Check the hallway to make sure it is clear (if it's not, bring the students into your classroom).
- Check to make sure your door is locked.
- Check your e-mail for further information; you may need to call into a classroom, ask a substitute teacher to pick up the phone, and rely information on the sub’s behalf.
- Continue teaching or working as you were.
- An announcement will be made when the lockdown is either over or if another alert is necessary.
Please make sure your students understand what a modified lockdown drill is as well. If you have questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to answer these for the entire staff.
A few reminders:
- The grading window for Term 1 opens this Wednesday (already six weeks in!).
- If you are interested in inviting specific parents to conferences before I publish the link to our school community, let me know. It might be helpful to reach out to parents with whom you must speak first.
- Required staff training is due October 4th.
- So far, two people have expressed interest in the Justice and Equity Cohort. If you're interested, let me know.
- I am postponing the Critical Friends Group until there is more interest.
I hope many of us will be able to support our Hixson Band on September 27th when they play at half time at Moss Field.
Have a great week!